As week 7 comes to a close, I am truly reflecting on the entire course. I have really enjoyed the course as a whole, this weeks readings especially made me realize how happy I am that this was one of my first courses in my masters!
- How well do you feel you completed the requirements of the week’s assignments (inclusive of at least two TDCs, your DS106 Activity Bank Assignment, response to course readings (grad students only), critique of digital story, various responses to CU Denver peers, and engagement with other online social networks)?
This week was great. Everything was on time and my best work. I really completed everything to the best of my availability and felt truly connected to the course.
2. What gave you trouble? What did you enjoy most? What did you learn?
I had trouble taking pictures of my own backside (is that too crude?). Truly, it was really difficult to take a picture and get it the way that I wanted, then the editing took a really long time on top of that. I really did enjoy the assignment and readings this week. My eyes were opening in the “invisible knapsack” article, I knew that as a white woman I had some privileges but I didn’t realize how many or the things that I HAD because of my race.
3. What would you do differently? What questions do you have?
I am proud of my work this week. I am doing my reflection a little later than anticipated, but I am still happy with my week.
4. What are some of the larger issues surrounding your work, particularly as they relate to exploring your focal theme?
My focal theme has been a huge help in designing my plans for the upcoming school year, and adding the readings from this week, I can’t WAIT to start with my class!
5. Provide a self assessment of your work quality and effort on a “exceeding expectations,” “meeting expectations,” and “below expectations” scale. Why are you “exceeding” or “meeting” or “below” course expectations?
Assignments Exceeding expectations Meeting expectations Below expectations
Activity Assignment Bank X
Response to Peers X
Engagement in social media X