- How well do you feel you completed the requirements of the week’s assignments (inclusive of at least two TDCs, your DS106 Activity Bank Assignment, response to course readings (grad students only), critique of digital story, various responses to CU Denver peers, and engagement with other online social networks)?
This week went well. I really took my time on the readings, and my blog post came out late, but I am not upset at myself for it. I have always been a slow reader, and I just took my time with this one. I felt it was “wordy” and I needed to really go slow. All of my other assignments went well. I am still REALLY enjoying doing daily creates!
2. What gave you trouble? What did you enjoy most? What did you learn?
I had trouble getting through the reading. I felt it had a lot to offer and I took a long time to read through it. All the other assignments went well. I did enjoy writing about my freshman move in. I haven’t thought about that in a long time, it was nice to think back again.
3. What would you do differently? What questions do you have?
I need to do the readings early in the week, I tend to put them off for the last thing, that is not working in my favor. If I had started earlier this week I would not have been behind.
4. What are some of the larger issues surrounding your work, particularly as they relate to exploring your focal theme?
I’m really discovering all of the possibilities that are open to my focal theme. As my summer starts to end (NOOOOOO!), I am preparing for the coming year and finding myself with way more ideas than I expected! I am glad I went with the theme I chose, it really has opened my mind.
5. Provide a self assessment of your work quality and effort on a “exceeding expectations,” “meeting expectations,” and “below expectations” scale. Why are you “exceeding” or “meeting” or “below” course expectations?
Assignments Exceeding expectations Meeting expectations Below expectations
Activity Assignment Bank X
Response to Peers X
Engagement in social media X
I put meeting expectations for my late assignments, even though I do believe it was justified, I believe it could have been avoided and needs a small deduction.