- How well do you feel you completed the requirements of the week’s assignments (inclusive of at least two TDCs, your DS106 Activity Bank Assignment, response to course readings (grad students only), critique of digital story, various responses to CU Denver peers, and engagement with other online social networks)?
This week was a lot better than last week. For me, if I have an assignment due or I expected to be somewhere that is all I can think about. I have a pit in my stomach until I finish that thing. So this week I felt better, slowly working on assignments and getting them done before or early on in the day they are due. This week I did REALLY well with the assignments. I feel each was done with a professional focus, and yet a twist put in by including things that I love outside my focus. I believe that is what this class is about. Using the interests of the person learning to help them achieve the final goal!
2. What gave you trouble? What did you enjoy most? What did you learn?
I didn’t have much trouble this week, technology wise. I did realize this morning that I spend probably 20 minutes opening and closing and reopening blogs. I can never remember who’s blogs I commented on, if it was a story critique or a reading response. I think because the groups are small, I tend to feel like I’m commenting on the same person’s blogs every week. I do enjoy reading others blogs, they give me ideas and really help me make connections that I may have missed. I learn a lot from my peers, even if they are saying the same thing as me, it is nice to hear that they are thinking the same as me.
3. What would you do differently? What questions do you have?
This week, I did a good job completing assignments on time, so I was proud of that. I want to continue on this track, especially since my boyfriend and I may be going out of town for a couple days.
4. What are some of the larger issues surrounding your work, particularly as they relate to exploring your focal theme?
My focal theme really makes me happy. I’m so glad I chose something that is relevant but is also vague enough to let me spread my wings personally and professionally. I can make personal connections like shows and fandoms that I love, while connecting that to my career. Now, the challenge will be to find those interests with my students and guide them to use them in education.
5. Provide a self assessment of your work quality and effort on a “exceeding expectations,” “meeting expectations,” and “below expectations” scale. Why are you “exceeding” or “meeting” or “below” course expectations?
Assignments Exceeding expectations Meeting expectations Below expectations
Activity Assignment Bank X
Response to Peers X
Engagement in social media X
I was really proud of my work this week. I truly believe that I exceeded expectations!