- How well do you feel you completed the requirements of the week’s assignments (inclusive of at least two TDCs, your DS106 Activity Bank Assignment, response to course readings (grad students only), critique of digital story, various responses to CU Denver peers, and engagement with other online social networks)?
This week was VERY crazy for me, hence the late submission of this reflection. I was gone the weekend before, had a delayed return home, had my last week of camp that was riddled with problems, my birthday was Monday and then the upcoming July 4th weekend put a cherry on top of the week long pile up. I took into account last week’s work, but didn’t think I would have such a tough time catching up this week. Any way, besides today’s late submission I have completed all assignments.
2. What gave you trouble? What did you enjoy most? What did you learn?
The only trouble was my lack of time. I really enjoyed the daily creates that I completed this week. I loved the cartoon face match, this is probably my favorite one so far. I did learn to really take into account how much the week AFTER vacation would be effected. I have never done a master’s program online before, and I am realizing why people are so weary. That being said I am really enjoying it!
3. What would you do differently? What questions do you have?
This week, I would simply have done more AHEAD of time. I got wrapped up in all of the things in front of me that I neglected my digital responsibilities.
4. What are some of the larger issues surrounding your work, particularly as they relate to exploring your focal theme?
I am starting to do a little research and forward thinking into my enrichment class this coming year. This, of course, relates to my theme. In each assignment I am looking to make that connection, or get ideas to use, in order to really make the assignment that much more meaningful to me. I am truly trying to make those connections, just like I do when I teach. I believe that I must practice what I preach to get everything out of the program that I want.
5. Provide a self assessment of your work quality and effort on a “exceeding expectations,” “meeting expectations,” and “below expectations” scale. Why are you “exceeding” or “meeting” or “below” course expectations?
Assignments Exceeding expectations Meeting expectations Below expectations
Activity Assignment Bank X
Response to Peers X
Engagement in social media X
I do believe, despite being late, my assignments were done well and with my best effort. I am learning a lot about my personal time management skills, and each week I am learning to deal with new obstacles. I am excited that I am done with summer camp and can spend more time working on my masters!